DraftKings Sportsbook Review
DraftKings Sportsbook is open for business in Ontario right now. You can sign up for a new account through the link below, and begin to enjoy the app.
Every day, there are many props, futures, and same-game parlay options you’ll find available for wagering. DraftKings Sportsbook is a hub for live betting and offers a smooth and easy-to-use app experience to all who visit. DK also has a rare option in the form of its betting pools, which introduce a tournament-like atmosphere to sports betting.
All in all, there are plenty of things to like about DraftKings Sportsbook. Here’s what to expect when you visit.
VISIT DRAFTKINGS AND GET STARTED TODAY!
What code do I need for DraftKings in Ontario?
You don’t need any code to access DraftKings in Ontario. Download the app, register for an account, and verify your information to get started.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Referral Code||Click this link to sign up|
|Deposit options||Online banking, credit/debit cards, gift cards, prepaid cards, PayPal, cash, e-checks, or wire transfers|
|Reasons to play||Great odds, betting pools, long list of markets|
|Last updated||Dec. 13, 2022|
Is DraftKings legal in Ontario?
Yes. DraftKings is part of the open market available in Ontario, and is licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
According to AGCO rules, you must be 19 years or older in order to play on DraftKings Sportsbook. You must also be inside the provincial borders to place a wager. DraftKings employs geolocation verification technology in order to ensure that you are in the correct area, and you won’t be able to complete a bet until you verify your position.
How to Get Started with DraftKings in Ontario
Getting started with DraftKings Sportsbook in Ontario or other provinces is a quick and easy process. The app is available for both Apple and Android users, and both versions enjoy user ratings above 4 stars.
Downloading the DraftKings app
The first thing to do is secure the app onto your device. Follow the steps below to make it happen:
- Visit the DraftKings Sportsbook website through this secure link.
- Look for the button appropriate for your device’s format in the second section on the welcome page.
- You should find yourself on a familiar download screen, as the process for downloading DraftKings is no different than for any other type of app.
- Once the app installs itself onto your device, begin the registration procedure.
Registering for a DraftKings account
Now that you’ve downloaded the mobile app to your device, the process to register is identical, regardless of your chosen format. Look for the “Join Now” button to access DraftKings’ registration function. Once there, you should be prepared to submit the following information to create your account:
- Email address
- Home address
- Date of birth
You should also have a username and password selected to use as your login information for your DraftKings account. You may also have to provide your occupation.
Make a deposit
The next step is to look for the cashier function for your new account. Make a deposit of at least $10 to fund your profile. You can use one of the following options to move money into your account:
- Online banking
- Credit/debit cards
- Gift cards
- Prepaid cards
- Wire transfers
Use the option that works best for your financial situation. After that, you’re ready to go.
Place your first wager
It’s finally time to place your first bet with DraftKings. Here’s what to do:
- Choose the sport you want to bet from the navigation bar at the top of your display or from the list of sports in the left-hand column.
- Select the league within your chosen sport that you want to bet.
- Press the button corresponding to the wager option that you like.
- Open your betslip on the right-hand part of the display, and designate the size of your wager.
- Submit your bet, and you’re all set. Look in the “My Bets” section to keep an eye on the wager’s progress.
If your selection seems more and more prudent as the game goes on, you may want to check back in your betslip. DraftKings may offer you the chance to cash out the wager before the end of the game, and you can elect to do so if you want to guard against any last-second defeats.
DraftKings Sports Betting Markets
Like most top-shelf sportsbook apps, DraftKings Sportsbook has no shortage of betting markets from which to choose. You can potentially place a wager on any of the following sports:
- Aussie rules football
- Football (gridiron)
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor sports
- Rugby league
- Rugby union
- Soccer (football)
- Table tennis
The exact lineup of games on tap will change daily, of course. All of the top teams in Ontario will be available, so expect to find plenty of options for the Maple Leafs, the Senators, the Raptors, the Argonauts, the RedBlacks, or the Tiger-Cats.
Within the section for each match, you can also expect to have a plethora of different types of bets that you can make on DraftKings.
Sign up at DraftKings Sportsbook and bet in Ontario!
Types of wagers on DraftKings Sportsbook
Because DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the top sportsbooks in Ontario, there is no shortage of ways to wager on the long list of sports found on the app. Here are the different bets you’ll find when you visit DraftKings:
- Point spreads – A wager about whether the estimated margin of victory is too high or too low
- Moneylines – Betting on the team you forecast will win the game
- Totals – Wagering on whether the total number of points to be scored will be higher or lower than the estimate
- Futures – Bets on the cumulative outcome of several matches, such as the end-of-season championship or a tournament winner
- Propositions – Wagering on events indirectly related to the outcome of the match, rather than directly affecting which team wins or loses
- Parlays – Bets that combine several smaller wagers into one, but require perfect predictions to pay out
- In-game wagers – Prop bets that are only offered after a match or game is underway
What we like about DraftKings Sportsbook
Although DraftKings is a terrific app overall, there are several elements that stick out as noteworthy when you visit. Here are the best parts of DraftKings Sportsbook:
- Betting carousel: When you log onto your account, DraftKings presents you with a rotating feature that offers several wagers DK judges most likely to appeal to you. It compiles this list with your betting history and stated preferences, and ensures that every player’s experience on DraftKings is unique.
- Competitive odds: Although you should shop the odds as a matter of course when you bet on sports, you’ll find that DraftKings offers some of the best odds in Ontario. The small differences on DraftKings will add up to big results on your bottom line.
- Betting pools: These events are free to play and offer a unique, tournament-like experience that sports bettors cannot find elsewhere. You make a series of selections and earn points for your predictions – points that place you on a leaderboard. Top finishers on the board receive cash prizes.
What we’d like to see improve on DraftKings Sportsbook
No app is perfect, though. As good as DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario is, there are a few things that could be better, such as:
- No DFS availability: The first ding on DraftKings is the fact that DK’s signature product is nowhere to be found. Ironically, DraftKings had to remove its DFS offerings when online sports betting went live in Ontario in April 2022, so faithful daily fantasy sports customers suddenly found themselves squeezed out.
- Lack of search function: For as many options for betting that DraftKings offers, it is a bit frustrating that there is no search bar or search function that players can use. This quibble goes toward the notion of the app’s navigation, and it’s a small thing, but it’s a baffling omission on the site.
- Promo paucity: Although we aren’t going into detail about the different promos you might find on DK, we can tell you that there could be more of them, at least in comparison to the other top apps in the space. Promo stinginess is never a good look for an app, especially one as well-heeled as DraftKings Sportsbook.
Banking options on DraftKings
One of the most convenient aspects of placing sports bets online is the fact that you can fund your account in a variety of ways. Like most apps, DraftKings offers a host of deposit and withdrawal methods to assist you in moving money around. Although your financial situation is unique, you should be able to find a mode that works for your finances from the following.
Here are the ways to deposit on DraftKings Sportsbook:
- Online banking – Online banking is supported by most major banks, and this deposit method is recommended above the others by DraftKings.
- Credit/debit cards – Visa, Mastercard, or Discover are accepted.
- Gift cards – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or DraftKings-branded are acceptable gift card issuers.
- Prepaid cards – Fund your account through Play+.
- PayPal or EcoPayz
- E-checks – Via VIP Preferred
- Wire transfers – Via MVB Bank
Although withdrawal methods are usually fewer in number than deposit methods, there are still plenty of ways to take money out of your DraftKings account. Most of the methods are simply reversals of the modes listed above, but one type of withdrawal is unique to the outflow of funds from DraftKings. You may withdraw your cash with a physical check and have it delivered to your address on file. This method is not as quick as the others, but it is undoubtedly reliable. Here are the ways to withdraw on DraftKings:
- Online banking
- E-check (VIP Preferred)
- Prepaid card (Play+)
- Wire transfer
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
Is there a code required to sign up with DraftKings?
No. Use this link to get started with the registration process.
What is the minimum age limit on DraftKings Sportsbook?
In order to place a wager on any sportsbook in Ontario, including DraftKings, players must be at least 19 years old.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook a legitimate sportsbook provider in Ontario?
Absolutely. DraftKings is a legal and legitimate sportsbook for Ontarians to use. DraftKings Sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and you are more than welcome to reach out to AGCO if you have any questions about your experience on DraftKings.
Does DraftKings offer a cash out option on certain wagers?
Yes. If a wager satisfies certain requirements during the course of a game or match, DraftKings may offer you the opportunity to settle your wager for a slightly lower payout amount than the full measure. You can take advantage of this option if you want to guard against any late-game surprises, as you’ll have your money in hand regardless of the game’s final disposition. Monitor the “My Bets” section of your profile when you have open wagers, as the Cash Out option – if it is eligible – will appear as a yellow button here.
Register at DraftKings Sportsbook in Ontario!
You must be 19 or older and inside Ontario to play. Gambling problem? You can call Connex Ontario at 1-866-531-2600 around the clock, or visit connexontario.ca to get connected with a trained counselor who can unite you with the help you need.
You must be logged in to post a comment.