Caesars Sportsbook is part of the sports betting landscape in the province. It has been offering sports betting to Ontarians since April 4, 2022 – the first day that the provincial authorities permitted service to begin.
Caesars is notable for its long list of available markets and wagers. It also has more experience behind it than almost any other sportsbook app, thanks to its own long history and its acquisition of venerable sports betting shop William Hill.
Needless to say, Ontarians can take advantage of the fact that the province is also home to a Caesars location in Windsor. With so many reasons to play, let’s discuss what you’ll find on Caesars Sportsbook in detail.
Do I need a deposit code for Caesars?
Initially, you don’t need any code for Caesars Sportsbook. Just follow the link below to get started. However, once you arrive on Caesars, make sure to follow any codes or instructions you see.
|Caesars Sportsbook Referral Code||Use this access link to Caesars.|
|Deposit options||Online banking, Visa debit cards, Mastercard debit cards, and PayPal|
|Reasons to play||Live betting, same game parlays, user experience|
|Last updated||Dec. 14, 2022|
Is Caesars Sportsbook legal?
Yes. Caesars Sportsbook is a fully legal, licensed, and regulated app in Ontario. It is permitted to do business by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Furthermore, it must comply with AGCO’s licensing and business standards to remain in good standing within the province.
If you want to play on Caesars, be prepared to meet a couple of requirements on your own. For one thing, you will have to verify your age, as the law requires all sports bettors to have reached the age of 19. You will also have to submit to geolocation verification through Caesars, as it is against AGCO rules to permit any wagering from beyond the borders of the province.
How to Get Started with Caesars Sportsbook in Ontario
If you’ve never signed up with a sportsbook app before, never fear. The entire process is quick, easy, and mostly self-explanatory. Follow the steps below, and you’ll be placing your first wager in no more than 15 minutes.
Register for a Caesars account
The first thing to do is create your account with Caesars. Here’s how you do so:
- Click on this link to access the welcome page for Caesars through your device’s browser.
- Enter your personal information to create your account. Be prepared to submit your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and date of birth. You should also have a username and secure password in mind.
- Make sure to enter any codes that the welcome page has listed in the space provided. Be certain that you enter the code correctly and with the exact capitalization, as any typos may invalidate the code.
- Hit the button at the bottom to submit your data and create your new profile.
Download the Caesars app
The next step is easier than you may think. You need to download the app to your chosen device, and the procedure is largely the same as it is for any other kind of app. Here’s what to do:
- Visit the App Store or Google Play Store – whatever is appropriate for your device format.
- Search for the Caesars Sportsbook Ontario app.
- Once you find the app, download and install it onto your device as you normally would.
- After it installs, press the new icon to open the app on your phone or tablet.
The next thing to do is fund your newly-minted account with a first deposit. Although the list of deposit options on Caesars Ontario is not as long as it is on some apps, there are still multiple choices you have to use, including:
- Online banking – Trustly
- Visa debit cards
- MasterCard debit cards
Caesars Sportsbook requires deposits to be $20 or more. Be aware that it is possible debit card deposits may be declined by your bank, depending on which institution you use.
Make a bet
Once your first deposit goes through, you’re ready to go. Here’s what to do to make your first wager:
- Look for the sport you want to bet on the navigation bar across the top or from the list along the left-hand side of the app display.
- Once inside the sport’s menu, choose the league you want to bet.
- Select the bet you want to make, and press the button associated with it.
- Your bet will appear on the betslip on the right portion of the display.
- Choose the amount of the wager you want to make.
- Submit your wager, and look in the Open Bets section to observe it.
If the Cash Out option becomes available for your wager, the button will appear in the Open Bets area.
Betting Markets on Caesars Sportsbook
It’s important to have plenty of options when you want to bet on sports. In terms of the diversity of sports markets on Caesars Ontario, there are several different choices that you can make, including:
- Auto racing
- Football (gridiron)
- Soccer (football)
- Table tennis
Bear in mind that this list is, in a sense, a series of Russian nesting dolls. Within each sport, there are several leagues and groups available for wagering. Within each league, of course, there are multiple games or matches. So, your choices for Caesars encompass the entirety of the sports day, by and large.
Types of wagers on Caesars Sportsbook
Within the host of markets you can bet on Caesars Sportsbook, there are many different types of wagers you can make. Most of these bets are standard to sportsbooks, but Caesars does offer a few options beyond the norm.
- Point spreads – The sportsbook estimates the eventual margin of victory, and you choose whether the favourite will exceed the estimate, or the underdog will make it a closer game or win outright.
- Moneylines – Moneylines are simple bets about which team will win, irrespective of other concerns. However, moneylines are often expressed with a pair of three-digit numbers to advertise their prospective payout ratios. A negative number is the amount you must pay to win $100, while a positive number is the amount you will win if you bet $100. The ratio will automatically scale according to the amount of your wager.
- Totals – Totals are often called the “over/under” for their mechanism of action. The book estimates how many points both teams will score, and you bet whether you believe the estimate to be too high or too low.
- Futures – These are long-term bets that take several matches into account and cover an entire segment of play. End-of-season championships or awards are common fodder for futures.
- Propositions – Propositions, or “prop bets,” revolve around yes/no questions that are often tangentially related to the outcome of the actual match. They tend to focus on partial game results or statistical achievements that may come to pass during the game.
- Parlays – Parlays fold several single wagers into one large conglomerated bet. Each constituent wager is called a “leg,” and you must correctly predict each of your legs for the bet to pay off. Thus, parlays are a high-risk, high-reward betting option.
The good things about Caesars Sportsbook
Obviously, there are many things that Caesars Sportsbook does quite well. It is a clear benchmark for what a top sportsbook must be. However, here are the elements of Caesars that stand out the most for us:
- Live wagering and streaming: Live, or in-game, wagering is a series of quick hit bets that only become available after a game is underway. They can involve events as mundane as whether the next play will be a run or pass. Caesars has the technological acumen to offer more than one hundred bets on each game, and it makes it easy for you to track your live wagers – both open and potential – through its live streaming function.
- Same-game parlays: Where a normal parlay mandates that you may only draw one leg from each game on the docket, a same-game parlay allows for players to compile parlays with multiple same-game bets. In doing so, they may be a tiny bit easier to win, as you don’t have to synthesize details from as many contests.
- Comprehensive user experience: The third thing to commend about Caesars is how smoothly and completely the app takes care of its users. Navigating around the app is quite easy, and if you happen to get lost or can’t find the wager you want, the search bar is available on command. Caesars Sportsbook in Ontario also offers the opportunity to participate in its Caesars Rewards program, which can lead to real-world benefits and perks at Caesars locations around the world, including Caesars Windsor.
Ways Caesars Sportsbook could improve
Caesars is an excellent sportsbook, but there’s always room for improvement. Here are the biggest issues that Caesars might be well-served to address:
- Graphics: The biggest issue is that the Caesars app itself is just…boring. As dynamic as some of the other sportsbooks have been with their presentation, Caesars Sportsbook has an extremely plain set of graphics. For being the representative of one of the world’s largest gaming companies, we expect something a bit prettier and flashier.
- Banking: The other issue for Caesars is its paucity of banking options. Most sportsbooks in Ontario have more than a half-dozen options to deposit and withdraw, and Caesars would do well to accommodate the financial situations of more Ontarians.
Banking options on Caesars Sportsbook
As we mentioned above, Caesars Sportsbook does not offer as many banking options as other sportsbooks of similar size. However, there are a few ways to move money into and out of your Caesars account nonetheless, so here they are.
Here are the ways to deposit on Caesars in Ontario:
- Online banking (via Trustly)
- Visa debit card
- Mastercard debit card
Of course, since you put your money into your account, you’d like to get money out, too:
- Online banking
- Caesars Play+ Card
Caesars Sportsbook FAQ
Do I need an access code to start an account with Caesars Sportsbook?
In order to visit Caesars, you don’t need a code. However, you may find a different story when you arrive on the site. In the meantime, follow our link to the site.
What age do I need to be in order to play?
Due to the standards mandated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, all players must be 19 years old to place a bet with Caesars.
Is Caesars Sportsbook a legitimate app to play?
Absolutely. Caesars operates in the province under the purview of AGCO and must comply with all of its licensing and business procedures and standards. Caesars Sportsbook is as legal as any other business in the province.
Does Caesars Sportsbook offer live streaming?
Yes. As you make your wagers, you should be able to observe many of the games you’re betting. This option will be especially useful for Ontarians who wish to wager in-game.
You must be 19 or older and inside Ontario to play. Gambling problem? You can call Connex Ontario at 1-866-531-2600 around the clock, or visit connexontario.ca to get connected with a trained counselor who can unite you with the help you need.