BetRivers Sportsbook Review
BetRivers Sportsbook is active as part of the dozens of sportsbook apps available in Ontario. BetRivers may not be well-known to you, but it is a major brand and has plenty of things to offer Ontarian sports bettors.
BetRivers is one of the best places to go for live streaming. The odds for many of the sporting events on BetRivers are also extremely competitive. BR is not the flashiest of apps, but it is a solid, workmanlike app that would be an understandable addition to your sportsbook rotation.
Let’s take a look at everything BetRivers has to offer the good people of Ontario.
CLICK THIS LINK TO TRY BETRIVERS TODAY!
Do I need an access code to start with BetRivers Sportsbook?
When you get started with BetRivers Sportsbook, use our link below to access the site. Then, use deposit code ONPLAY when you register for your account.
|BetRivers Sportsbook Deposit Code||Click this link to get started. Use the code ONPLAY when you register.|
|Minimum Deposit||Interac e-transfer, credit/debit card, PayPal, online banking (via Trustly)|
|Reasons to play||Live streaming options, rewards program, betting market diversity|
|Last updated||Dec. 17, 2022|
Is BetRivers legal to play in Ontario?
Yes. BetRivers Sportsbook is entirely legal to play in the province. It is regulated and overseen by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
However, be prepared to comply with two AGCO rules before you’re able to play on BetRivers in Ontario. For one thing, you’ll have to verify (or be prepared to verify) that you are at least 19 years old to place a bet.
You’ll also need to be physically inside the provincial borders to complete your wager. BetRivers, along with every other online sportsbook in Ontario, uses geolocation verification software to ensure that you are betting in the right place. You will not be able to bet with BetRivers Sportsbook’s Ontario version from Manitoba, Quebec, or any other province in the country.
Getting started with BetRivers Sportsbook
Getting started with BetRivers is a simple procedure. For the most part, you will complete the same steps that you would for any other type of app. You should be able to place your first wager in no more than 15 minutes, and often much less time than that.
The first thing to do is create your account with BetRivers. There’s no real reason to move forward before you have an active profile on the site. So, here’s what to do:
- Visit BetRivers Sportsbook through this link.
- Click on the “Join Now” button in the top right corner of the site.
- Go through the three registration screens and enter the requested information in each blank. Be ready to enter your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth. You’ll also need to designate a username and password as your login details.
- Make sure to enter ONPLAY into the optional affiliate code box exactly as it appears.
Once you submit your information and press “Complete”, you’ll be ready to move forward.
The next step is to download the app to your mobile device. Here’s how to do so:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage on the BetRivers website
- Select the button appropriate to your device’s format – BetRivers supports apps for both iOS (Apple) and Android users.
- You will find yourself on a familiar page. You should be on the download page for the BetRivers app on either the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the BetRivers app as you would any other type of app.
- Open the app on your phone or tablet and log into your new account.
After you’ve secured the app on your device, you’ll be ready to fund your account.
If you look at the top of the screen once you’ve logged into your account, you’ll see a tab entitled “Cashier.” Clicking on this tab will reveal your current balance, active reward money, any banking methods you’ve saved, and buttons for both depositing and withdrawing. Choose the button to deposit, and use one of the options BetRivers provides to make your first deposit. After it credits to your account – which should take no more than a few minutes and will likely be near-instantaneous – you’ll be ready to play.
Head back to the main lobby of the sportsbook to place your first bet. Here’s what to do:
- Look for the sport you want to bet. You may see it listed along the top navigation bar, and you can scroll right on this feature if your sport isn’t immediately listed. Alternatively, you can scroll down the left-hand side of the lobby to see a list of all the games underway and all the sports that BetRivers offers for wagering.
- Once you choose your sport, select the league that you want to bet. Most major professional leagues, regardless of the sport, will be viable fodder for your wagers.
- Within the chosen league, you must then find the game you want to bet, the team or player you want to wager, and the type of bet you want to make. Once you find the button for all those options, press it.
- Your selection will then appear in your betslip. However, the wager is not yet complete. You must then designate the amount of money that you want to wager and submit the bet to the system.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can settle back and watch the game unfold. BetRivers has exceptional live streaming options to observe the games you’re betting. Alternatively, if you plan to bet in-game wagers actively throughout the course of the match, you can keep track quite easily through the appropriate stream.
BetRivers Sportsbook markets
A sportsbook app has to host many different sports as subjects for wagers. After all, an app that offers only the four major professional leagues (NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB) isn’t going to appeal to everyone. Thankfully, BetRivers Sportsbook has betting options available – depending on the season and time of year – for the following markets:
- Australian-rules football
- Football (gridiron)
- Formula 1
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Soccer (football)
- TV & Novelty
- Winter Sports
Within these sports, you can rest assured that all of your favorite teams will have their games on offer. Whether you favor the Raptors, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Senators, Argonauts, RedBlacks, or Tiger-Cats, you’ll be able to bet on your hometown heroes.
Types of bets on BetRivers Sportsbook
BetRivers Sportsbook is home to many different types of wagers, too. Within the markets listed above, you can place any one of the following bets:
- Point spreads – The point spread is one of the most common bets in all of sports wagering. BetRivers proposes an eventual margin of victory for an upcoming game, and you bet whether the favorite will exceed this estimate, or the underdog will make a closer game of it. An underdog who wins the game outright automatically wins its spread bet.
- Moneylines – Moneylines are another common wager that are, at heart, the simplest of questions. A moneyline wager is a bet regarding the eventual winner of the game. The margin of victory or manner of victory does not matter.
- Totals – A totals bet features BetRivers proposing the combined number of points that two teams will score during their match. The exact split of points doesn’t matter. Only the sum total is the determinant. You, the bettor, then wager whether the estimate is too low or too high. Because of the way this bet works, it is often called the “over/under.”
- Futures – Futures bets have a confusing name because every bet is about the future. However, this type of wager pertains to the cumulative outcome of an entire season or period of play. Bets about championships or season-ending awards are common examples of this type of wager. They also occur for discrete tournament events with clear victors.
- Propositions – Propositions, or prop bets, usually appear as yes/no questions that BetRivers asks about various events within the flow of the game. The outcome of the game itself is rarely part of the proposition – it’s usually something to do with the outcome of a smaller period of play or a potential statistical achievement.
- Parlays – Parlays consist of many single wagers combined into a mixed combination bet. A parlay may have spreads, totals, moneylines, or other bets folded into it. Each one of these constituent parts is called a “leg.” The catch with parlays is that your prediction for every single leg must prove correct in order for the bet to win. If you have 10 legs in your parlay, all 10 of them must be right, or you lose – even if you win 9 and lose the 10th leg in heartbreaking fashion. Parlays are high-risk bets, but they offer the chance at big rewards, too.
- In-game wagering – In-game wagering is, technically, a form of proposition wager and often involves similar questions to its parent bet type. However, in-game bets, or live wagers, take place after the game or match is underway, rather than before its commencement. These bets are usually about extremely small events – the outcome of individual plays or the next minute or two of action are common subjects for them. They are important to know, however, because they often inflate the number of bets to be more than one hundred on a single match.
Where BetRivers Sportsbook shines
BetRivers Sportsbook offers plenty of reasons to make it one of your sports betting homes. However, there are a few highlights of the app that deserve special mention as some of the brightest spots you’ll find:
- Live streaming options – We already discussed the fact that you can view most of the games you bet directly through the BetRivers app, but we want to emphasize how helpful this utility is. For one thing, you don’t have to search for a way to keep track of the progress of the game and your wager. For another thing, you will be the first to know if you become eligible for the Cash Out option. Finally, if any live betting options begin to seem appealing, you’ll be in the right spot to take advantage.
- Rewards program – Playing on BetRivers automatically enrolls you into the app’s extremely fine rewards program, iRush Rewards. Every dollar you bet generates both Loyalty Level Points and Bonus Store Points. Loyalty Level Points determine your placement within the program’s eleven tiers, and each tier comes with an increasing level of service and special consideration. Bonus Store Points, in turn, can be redeemed within the special store available on the app for vouchers, site credits, and other bet-related goodies.
- Betting market diversity – BetRivers has all the options for betting that you’d expect, but there are others that are downright esoteric. It is rare to find wagering options for sports like bandy, cyclo-cross, and netball. In fact, we’re not certain we could intelligently describe any of those sports, much less talk about betting on them. There is something special when a sportsbook operator has options for you to bet on yacht races.
What BetRivers Sportsbook could improve
All human endeavours come with shortcomings, inevitably, and every sportsbook app has areas that could use some attention. BetRivers Sportsbook is no different, and could stand to address the bullet items listed below as ways to improve its product:
- App speed – The first element that could use some work is BetRivers Sportsbook’s app speed and response. There seems to be quite a few loading pauses when moving from one function to another, and the pauses are too lengthy to ignore. When other competitors move with silky-smooth fluidity, the choppy nature of the BetRivers experience is unfortunately noticeable.
- App layout – The other main issue is that the app’s layout is simply too chaotic and busy. There are just too many options in the left-hand column to sort efficiently to the sport that you want, and the list of winners on the right is where we’d expect to see the betslip – to say nothing of the fact that the constant updating of the winners’ list is distracting. A cleaner and simpler view would make for a much more compelling product for Ontarians to use.
BetRivers banking options
Not everyone transacts their finances the same way. So, it is crucial for sportsbook apps to offer multiple pathways for depositing and withdrawing funds from player accounts. Here are the ways to move money around on BetRivers Sportsbook.
Deposit methods on BetRivers include:
- Credit/debit card – Visa or Mastercard
- Interac e-transfer
- Online banking (via Trustly)
As time passes, expect to see more methods become available on BetRivers.
Withdrawals are available on BetRivers through a variety of methods as well. Some of these methods are the same as the deposit avenues, but others are unique to the act of pulling money out of your account. They are:
- BetRivers Play+ Card
- Check by Mail
- Online Banking(ACH)
The option that might stick out to you from that list is the “check by mail” bullet. Although receiving a cheque by mail is a slow method to receive your funds, it is also a reliable one. If you want to have a depositable cheque ready to go directly into your main bank account, this method might make the most sense – especially if you don’t need the money right away.
BetRivers Sportsbook FAQ
Do I need a code to play on BetRivers?
Yes. When you register, be sure to use our code ONPLAY to trigger a variety of valuable perks for your new account.
What is the minimum age to play on BetRivers Sportsbook?
You must be 19 years or older in order to wager with BetRivers Sportsbook. This requirement is universal for all Ontario sportsbooks, as it is mandated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Is BetRivers a legal and legitimate app to play?
Yes. Although BetRivers might not be a terribly familiar name to those who live outside of the American northeast, BetRivers is a legal entity that has all of its ducks in a row, regulatorily speaking. It is monitored and overseen by AGCO, and complies fully with the agency’s rules, bylaws, and mandates. You can bet freely and securely with BetRivers Sportsbook in Ontario, and rest comfortably in the fact that you have the full weight of the Canadian legal system at your disposal if there’s a dispute.
What is iRush Rewards?
iRush Rewards is BetRivers’ rewards program to which all of its players automatically belong. Every dollar that you wager on BetRivers earns two types of points for you – Loyalty Level Points and Bonus Store Points. The former determines your placement and perk level within the program itself. The latter is exchangeable for wager vouchers, site credits, and other goodies that can stretch your sports betting budget further.
You must be 19 or older and inside Ontario to play. Gambling problem? You can call Connex Ontario at 1-866-531-2600 around the clock, or visit connexontario.ca to get connected with a trained counselor who can unite you with the help you need.
You must be logged in to post a comment.