Sports Interaction Ontario is one of the top sportsbooks in the crowded Ontario sports betting landscape. It offers a long list of betting markets and plenty of ways to wager.
Sports Interaction, or SIA, is also a Canadian sportsbook, through and through. It is owned and operated by the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake. It operates under the supervision of the Kahnawake Gaming Council in every province aside from Ontario, but it is licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) in the province.
So, if you’re looking for a truly homegrown option to bet in Ontario, SIA may be the choice for you. Here are all the details about this excellent sportsbook.
Are there any codes for Sports Interaction Ontario?
You do not need any codes to start your journey with Sports Interaction Ontario. Use the link below to access the site.
|Sports Interaction Deposit Code||None. Follow this link instead.|
|Deposit options||Credit/debit cards, iDebit, Interac, MuchBetter, Instadebit, eCheck, paysafecard|
|Reasons to play||Betting markets, types of wagers, SIA Betting Insights|
|Last updated||Jan. 20, 2023|
Is it legal to bet on Sports Interaction in Ontario?
Absolutely. Sports Interaction is legal and licensed to operate in Ontario. It is subject to the regulatory controls employed by AGCO.
One element of AGCO’s rules that affects you, the Ontarian sports bettor, is the requirement that you be 19 years old or older in order to play. Sports Interaction Ontario, along with all other legal sportsbooks in the province, will deny you service if you are unable to verify that you are over the age of 19.
The other requirement is that you be inside the provincial borders in order to make a wager. Sports Interaction is mandated by its license to ensure that you are physically in Ontario if you want to bet, and it completes this task through the use of geolocation verification software. This software is accurate and calibrated to the point that you stand a better chance of being falsely denied service just inside the border than you do to make a wager from Manitoba or Quebec.
So, make sure you’ve met both requirements before you attempt to use Sports Interaction Ontario. Otherwise, you’re setting yourself up for frustration.
Getting started with Sports Interaction Ontario
Now, assuming you’ve ticked all the boxes, it’s easy to get started with Sports Interaction Ontario. Follow the steps below, and you’ll be betting in no more than 10 minutes.
For most Ontario sportsbooks, we have details about how to download their mobile app to your tablet or cellphone. However, in the case of Sports Interaction Ontario, there is no mobile app for either Apple or Android users at this time. You will simply access your account and play through your browser.
Registering with Sports Interaction Ontario
So, your first task is to create a profile specific to you with SIA. Follow the steps below to accomplish this goal:
- Use our link to access the Sports Interaction Ontario site.
- Look for the green button in the top portion of the display that says “Sign Up.”
- Press the button to access the registration screen for SIA.
- If you have an existing account with the rest-of-Canada version of Sports Interaction, follow the prompts to link your account.
- Otherwise, be prepared to supply SIA with your email, name, date of birth, phone number, a username, a password, your type of mailing address in Canada, your citizenship, and your occupation.
- You will also have to designate a security question and provide your answer as a means of further protecting your account.
- Finally, you will have to acknowledge and agree to a series of radio buttons about your eligibility to play and your email preferences.
- Then, press the button at the bottom that says “Sign Up” (once again), and SIA will create your new profile.
Making a first deposit
The next part of the process is to fund your account. Look for the deposit option under your account menu, and select one of the deposit options that Sports Interaction has on offer in Ontario:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Online banking
- Electronic transfers
- Electronic wallet
- Electronic check
- Gift card
The minimum deposits among these methods vary, but will require at least CAD$20 per transaction. No method will take longer than a few seconds to process.
Placing that first wager
Once your account is funded, you’ll be ready to play. So, head back to Sports Interaction’s main lobby. Here’s what to do to make that fateful first bet:
- Look for the sport you want to bet from the list on the left. Alternatively, you can search for a sport directly with the search function.
- Click the arrow on your sport to open the dropdown menu for the different leagues in the sport. Unusually, Sports Interaction Ontario may also group certain types of bets together for individual leagues, such as proposition wagers or futures.
- If you don’t happen to choose one of those bet groups, a click on a league will display the league’s slate of games for that day in the central menu.
- Pick one of the three primary wager types, or choose the orange game link at the beginning of each listing.
- Each selection you make will auto-populate your betslip on the right-hand side of the page. From there, you must designate the amount of your wager and finalize the bet.
- You can monitor the progress of your wager from the betslip. If you become eligible for Cash Out, the offer will appear here, too.
After you’ve placed your wager, it’s time to settle in and wait for your bet to resolve. Or, alternatively, you can keep in the game by making use of the long list of live betting options that Sports Interaction Ontario has to offer.
Sports Interaction Ontario Markets
Some sportsbooks are quite limited in the sports they offer for wagering. Sports Interaction is not in that category. There are plentiful options to bet that go beyond the four major sports and their professional leagues. Here are the sports available on Sports Interaction Ontario:
- Aussie rules football
- Motor racing
- Table tennis
In addition to the numerous sports bets you can make above, Sports Interaction offers wagering options on some of the most unusual events we’ve ever encountered. It is possible to place bets on subjects like the weather (global temperature), movie awards (Oscars AND SAG awards), and politics (international).
Beyond these options, there are also ways to bet on sports events that don’t fit comfortably into one of the more traditional categories. You can bet whether certain players might be permanently retired. Or, you can try to guess that an NFL game will produce a unique scoreline and win big money with Scorigami.
The bottom line is that there are plenty of different wagers for sports bettors of all stripes, from the serious handicappers to the casual fans.
Sports Interaction Ontario wagering types
Along with the slew of betting options on Sports Interaction – some of which are downright wacky – there are plenty of types of bets that you can make. Wager types on SIA include:
- Point spreads – Point spreads, or spread wagers, ask you to choose whether a favourite will exceed an estimated margin of victory, or the underdog will lose by fewer points than the margin and/or win the game outright.
- Moneylines – Moneylines are bets about which player or team will win the game. The manner in which they prevail is of no concern to the outcome of the bet.
- Totals (over/under) – Totals, or the over/under, ask a simple question about the sportsbook’s estimate for the total number of points to be scored in a contest or match. You simply have to pick whether you believe the actual total will be over or under that estimate.
- Futures – Futures wagers are bets that focus on the cumulative outcome of multiple games or contests. They are typically reserved for league champions and award winners. You will also see them for the winners of discrete tournament events, such as March Madness or PGA Tour events.
- Propositions – Propositions, or prop bets, are questions posed by Sports Interaction about various aspects or potential events in a given game or contest. Your bet, therefore, is whether you are answering the question in the affirmative or the negative.
- Live betting – Live betting, or in-game wagering, is a form of prop betting that has taken sports betting by storm in the past few years. As you may have surmised, it involves betting options that take place after a contest or match is already underway. You may see more than one hundred options for wagering on a single match.
- Parlays – Parlays take several single bets and patch them together into one massive wager. Each constituent bet inside a parlay is known as a leg. Parlays are high-risk, high-reward bets because every single leg must prove to be correct in order for the wager to pay out to the bettor.
Unusual wagers on SIA
We’d be remiss if we didn’t discuss some of the ways to wager on Sports Interaction Ontario. SIA offers several bets that you simply do not often find elsewhere. While they are unlikely to be your bread and butter wagers, they can provide a nice change of pace. Rare types of wagers on Sports Interaction include:
- Minute Madness – During a given soccer match, you designate a 1-minute block of the game in which you believe that a goal will occur. You can choose up to ten different blocks in a single game. Depending on how many goals you correctly forecast, you win an escalating amount of payout. In a sense, Minute Madness is a hybrid wager that combines elements of sports betting and keno.
- Scorigami – A scorigami is a portmanteau created by American sports writer Jon Bois, who plotted all of the NFL scores in history in terms of their frequency. Because of the many different scoring opportunities during an NFL game, these contests can often produce scoring outcomes never achieved before. So, you can wager either that more than one scorigami will occur during a given week of play, or you can place a bet and receive a random scorigami that has yet to be reached.
- Grand Salami – A Grand Salami bet takes the concept of the humble totals wager and expands it dramatically for baseball and hockey games. Instead of betting about the perceived number of goals or runs that a single game will produce, you wager about the total number of goals or runs from an entire day of play. SIA produces its own over/under estimate for this wager, and you bet it exactly like you would a single-game totals wager.
One of the stronger parts of the Sports Interaction Ontario offering is the panoply of banking options available to you. You can move money around using the methods below.
- Visa – Credit, debit, and prepaid cards
- Mastercard – Credit, debit, and prepaid cards
- iDebit – Online banking
- Interac – Electronic transfers
- MuchBetter – Electronic wallet
- Instadebit – Online banking
- eCheck – Electronic check
- Paysafecard – Prepaid card
Your exact options for depositing or withdrawing will be available through your individual account. They vary according to the area where you’re attempting to bank.
The things we like about Sports Interaction Ontario
Sports Interaction Ontario is a top-tier sportsbook, to be sure. While SIA is generally good, there are a few elements that stand out as exceptional. Here are the things we like about Sports Interaction Ontario:
- Betting markets – All of the standard options for sports you can bet are on Sports Interaction Ontario. However, the esoteric choices that you have at your fingertips – betting on movie awards, political elections, and the weather – are quite rare and hard to find anywhere. If you want to have off-the-beaten-path opportunities to wager, SIA should certainly be on your radar.
- Bet types – Along with all of the different markets that you can bet, you also have plenty of ways to wager. All of the typical ways to bet are present, of course, but the options like Minute Madness, Scorigami, and the Grand Salami are a cut above. If you ever feel yourself getting bored with point spreads or moneylines, SIA has other ways to go that other sportsbooks do not.
- SIA Betting Insights – Sports Interaction Ontario goes to extraordinary lengths to serve as a source of education for sports bettors along with providing ample opportunities for wagering. SIA Betting Insights is not just a help section like you’ll find on most sportsbooks. Instead, it is an active blog that clarifies and discusses ongoing issues confronting Ontario sports bettors and helps them to understand what they are doing.
Things that SIA Ontario Could Improve
Sports Interaction Ontario is a great site, but there are always things that could be better. Nothing is a dealbreaker, but we believe that these are elements SIA might want to consider improving:
- No mobile app – The most obvious deficit for Sports Interaction Ontario is its lack of a mobile app. Although the browser-based site works fine, SIA sets itself apart in a negative way without an updated mobile app to serve both Apple (iOS) and Android customers. Apps simply behave smoother on mobile devices than a browser-based site, and Sports Interaction will be behind the eight ball until it produces one.
- Busy and crowded interface – The other issue from which SIA suffers is the organization of its site interface. There are just too many things happening on the screen at once. If the browser-based approach is here to stay, Sports Interaction Ontario needs to clean up its presentation.
Do I need a code to get started with Sports Interaction Ontario?
No. Just click this link to get your time with SIA underway.
How old do I have to be to play on SIA?
19. AGCO rules require all players on Sports Interaction Ontario to be 19 years old or above in order to place a bet.
Is Sports Interaction Ontario legal to play?
Yes. Sports Interaction Ontario is licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you have any issue with SIA that you cannot resolve internally, you can always take it up with AGCO.
What is Scorigami?
Scorigami is any unique score that two teams in the NFL may post. SIA offers opportunities for you to bet on the possibility that the next week of play may produce one of these unusual events.